Visit My Web Page!

Visit My Web Page! http://www.neiu.edu/~knsmith1/

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Question #5 on page 293 of Arcaro

Identify two ways in which global politics touch your daily life?

One of the main global organizations that has a high impact on my life as well as many Americans daily life is OPEC.  OPEC is an the organization of the petroleum exporting countries.  They can influence the pricing of oil by raising or lowering the price depending on your countries stand point with them.  Since America uses the most oil out of any country, American is effected most by the price fluctuation.  The majority of places that I go throughout my day I end up driving for both personal and business use.  Therefore, the price of gas definitely affects me on a daily basis.    

Another point that this article brought to my attention (taking into consideration it will soon be time to vote), is that without these smaller groups/organizations women's rights would not be as extensive as they are now.  That would definitely affect my daily life, I could not imagine being limited to the type of education I could receive just because I am a female, or not having the right to vote.  I feel that my generation takes many of these things for granted, and probably would never realize how far things have come unless these privileges/rights were taken away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment