Visit My Web Page!

Visit My Web Page! http://www.neiu.edu/~knsmith1/

Monday, October 25, 2010

Outsourced



Outsourced is a television show on NBC, this show is in its first season. It is a comedy that involved an all American company called Mid America Novelties that sells products such as foam fingers, whoopee cushions, etc. Their call center was outsourced to India. I think that this show aired at an interesting time- taking into consideration our unemployment rate is higher than ever and this is realistically happening to many American company's. It is interesting how NBC made this into a comedy because it is not funny that Americans are losing jobs day after day do to outsourcing. I could not imagine how I would feel watching this show if I lost my job because my company was outsourced. There have been many mixed reactions about this show. One comment I read a few weeks ago made a very good point- this demonstrates how out of touch TV executives are with "real" people, but on the other hand if people watch this show and it becomes popular the TV executives could care less about the population that is jobless. I have to admit that I enjoy watching this show but it is probably not the right time for it to air. 

Here is a link to the first episode:
http://www.mefeedia.com/tv/32960179

No comments:

Post a Comment