Visit My Web Page!

Visit My Web Page! http://www.neiu.edu/~knsmith1/

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Critique of a Classmates blog

I really enjoyed reading a post my classmate Cal wrote on his blog.  It was titled "What we expect from our children"  In his blog he said that he believes children do not understand what life is really about when they are spoon fed.  And I completely agree with this statement.  I see examples of this every day at my store, since it is located in the heart of Lincoln Park across the street from a private K-12th grade school.  I hardly see parents, the majority of the time its babysitters and kids coming in on their own.  They have their parents money to spend and they spend every last drop of it.  When the parents do come in they are either on the phone or not very interested in what their child/children are doing and they buy them whatever they want even if they are not going to finish it (if they want it they will get it).  I do not really hear the words please and thank you very often and the kids have trouble being patient and waiting in line.  I feel that in many was parents set these examples for their children, whether they are good or bad examples they are passed on.  Examples like these make me question the American norms Cal speaks of.   

Another blog that i enjoyed looking at was Bilal's.  He did a great job with the structure and content in his blog.  The cartoons that he added within each blog really helped convey the message.  Sometimes when reading blogs I find it tough to keep focused when there are just words among words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment